How to get your business shown on Google Maps
If your question is why, the answer is simple.
- Your business can appear in the maps section for searches based on your suburb or locality – a bonus listing.
- Embed a Google map onto your website so visitors can click on the map to get directions to your business.
Be aware Google will probably change the procedure to claim a listing or create account. The steps we’ve outlined may change.
On your computer
- Open your browser and go to Google Maps
- If you’re not already signed in, click on the Sign In button on the top right hand corner.
If you don’t have a Google account, you will need to create one. Click the Sign In button, then “more options” and follow the prompts.
Sometimes your business will already be known to Google.
- Enter you business name and address in the box at the top left “Search Google Maps”
- If Google knows about you, your information is shown. Click on Claim this business.
- Follow the prompts.
But for those where Google doesn’t know you.
- In the bottom right, click Send Feedback. (This isn’t obvious. You’ll need to look closely)
- Click Add a missing place.
- Enter the name, address, contact details and website of your business. The map will adjust to the location you enter.
- Drag the marker where you business is, and add any relevant information.
- Click Submit.
Google will verify the data you entered and you will be advised by email when the listing is complete. When you receive the notification, you can then add or update the map shown on your FirstWebsite.